The Trouble With Insomnia Is...
Oh my gosh, I CAN'T SLEEEEEEP!!!! I had a really nice time on my deck tonight... kinda late but with a candle glowing beside me. I was reading and praying and stuff. Then I got online and was checking out a debate about abstinence and it got me going so I wrote a little something about it on my newly formed myspace page. Or, as I like to call it, the GuySpace. Now, some of you know, and those that don't will hear it now... I am not a fan of myspace... not at all. So much so that I refuse to capitalize it. Silly, huh? But I really think it's a bunch of trash with the occasional decent page here and there. Most of it is junk. People talking like they shouldn't be talking. Posting pictures and things that should never even be viewed. It's just a mass pool of the lowest form of human communication and relationships. So, I've resisted, preached against it, etc... and guess what? It's still there. People are still pretending to be good, decent people in the 'real world' while being something different in the cyber world. Well, I pondered and struggled for a few weeks. Maybe a couple months even. And finally realized that there isn't going to be any change unless there's an option for change. I still don't like myspace (I praise those who don't or who delete theirs!). I don't even like that I have a page on it. But I am determined to go against the flow. Be in not of. Start a revolution, a revolt, a return to decency. Who knows, maybe the tide will change.... something's gotta happen. Things aren't getting any better. I think those who have the Light are really to blame. That would include me. We've hidden away... we don't talk about things... words and topics are taboo, or spoken of so vaguely that it means nothing. We don't stay involved in the latest technology or stay in tune with the current issues facing the world. We just sit on the sidelines, pointing, criticizing, refusing to get involved.... that doesn't do any good. Or, we are too afraid to speak up because it will shed light on our own secret issues. Issues meaning sins. Funny how sin has turned into the word issue as though it makes it something better than it is. Lessens the conviction value I suppose. Allows us to continue on as though it's not as serious. Crazy. We make unspoken lists of topics that we aren't suppossed to talk about. We ignore or judge those in need of revelation. We sit with our heads in the sand thinking we need to stay away and it will end up going away. But it doesn't. We hide our light. We hide THE Light. Weren't we told not to do that? We're we told to shine? Shine so that others can see. Clearly I'm all wound up about it. And maybe late night posting on my blogger isn't the best time to be ranting. But, it's done. And hopefully it's got you thinking. Maybe you'll head out and build a bridge to those in the dark and bring them a little Light, bring them a little Love.... time to turn things around. And it's time for me to go to bed. UPDATE - I DELETED THE MYSPACE PAGE.

1 Comments:
Update: I deleted the myspace account. I hate myspace and it just never felt completely right having a page on it. Oh well, I tried.
Post a Comment
<< Home