I Can Fix It!

The tub in one of the bathrooms leaks. It was a slow drip when I moved in, not too bad. But then as time went on the dripping progressed. It progressed so much so that it is now a stream. SSSSHSPPSSSPPSPPSPSEPSPPSPPSPSPSPSSPPSPSPS (That's what it sounds like.) The bathroom door has to be closed or the sound of running water is annoying and intrusive. I've tried to imagine it as a lovely waterfall or a bubbling brook but forget it - it's a leaky faucet. And it's drivng me mad, mad I say. Today, my handy neighbor and brother in law was coming over to help me see what's wrong. So I was expecting his arrival but imagine my surprise and delight when the door opens and in walks Mason in full fix it gear... including the hard hat!! Apparently, he was even yelling to the guy passing on a motorcycle that he was going to Guy's house to fix the tub.
Things didn't really work out as he planned though. We didn't fix the problem... looks like it's something bigger than a few novice plummers can handle. At least it didn't turn out like an episode of that show "Perfect Strangers" when Balki and Cousin Larry would end up in situations like water spraying everywhere, flooding, soaking, etc... everthing and everyone remained dry! :)
If you'll excuse me, I need to go close that bathroom door now....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home