Okay, You Can Leave But You Can't...
We had someone quit abruptly at work. Okay two people. One didn't do it on their own though. They went on their break and then the boyfriend came back to say that the employee won't be returning to work - ever. Alright. Not a huge loss. A little weird but whatever. Then the other person gave their notice. That was yesterday. Today that person didn't finish their shift. Why? They were sick of me. Me? Yeah, me! Whatever. We're down a couple people but honestly, it's so worth it. Most of the people at work are great, team minded, multi-taskers. The two quiters didn't really fit that catagory so hopefully they will be happy wherever they end up for employment. I feel no sadness over their parting... BUT, there is one employee that I don't want to leave... and that person's name is BRIAN!!!
Brian is so cool. He makes life at work so fun. He's become a regular friend - not just a work friend. Nice, nice guy. However... he has decided to obey God and accept the calling on his life, at this moment in time, and head to China (what's up with THAT?!) Apparently (sigh and roll of the eyes), China needs Jesus. Okay, fine. It's true. They do. And it's a super great thing that Brian is following a passion God has given him. I'm all about going for the dreams that God has placed inside of you. If you sit back content and never step out, the people you're meant to touch will never get what they were meant to get from / through you. So, I whole heartedly applaud Brian for going for it. He's living with purpose no matter how challenging or difficult it is. He will be teaching english and building relationships with people. It's a good thing.
But I will miss you Brian!! You make me laugh. And you have a kind, genuine heart. Selfishly I want you to stay. Forget China's needs... America needs Brian. But in my gut I totally know it's the right thing for you to do.
So... the other workers who've recently bailed on Starbucks can go... I won't miss them. Not at all. In fact, what were their names again?! :) But Brian I will miss. I'm psyched that I was able to meet and get to know him in the short period of time we've worked together. It's been a blast and his presence will be missed incredibly. More than he realizes.
Okay, I've said enough. This now concludes the sappy post honoring the man Brian.
THE END.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home