Intruder!!
I spent my day off cleaning the house and scoping out all possible cracks or holes where a mouse could get in. Last night Ben claims he saw one run from under the fridge to under the stove (those two appliances are about a foot away from one another). Well, I can't stand the idea of a mouse in the house - and I won't eat green eggs and ham with him either, I don't like them Sam I am. We couldn't find him last night so I made sure to close my bedroom off by placing blankets securely along the bottoms of the doors - one to the bathroom and the other to the living room. This morning I did a thorough investigation and conluded that the rodent wasn't a fictional character Ben made up but was very real - which bugs me. How rude, right? Why does he think he can just wander into my house and take up residency? Come on, at least offer to pay some rent... freeloading isn't cool. No interview process to decide if we'd all get along while living together? It's just wrong. So, I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Now, I'm not a messy person. Not at all. And the house is pretty empty - barely any furniture. In fact, as far as food goes, the little bugger picked the wrong house on the block. Someone going to college and working at Starbucks to make ends meet is not a person who's got a cubboard full of goodies. But for whatever reason, he decided to bunk down here. But, not anymore. I've sealed up all the possible places he could have gotten in. And I bought some rodent killer stuff that I'll be putting out if there's any sign of him from now on. I'm hoping he heard me cleaning, realized his scam's been foiled and quickly evacuated the premises. I hate mice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home