Monday, March 20, 2006

Singing in the Rain


It's raining out. Lots of rain. On nice days, the sun shines in my bathroom window every morning. I like to see it on the wall as I get ready for the day. But today there wasn't any sunny shine, just rain pounding out a rhythm outside the window. As I was looking in the mirror at my crazy bed time hair style something struck me. Are those birds I hear? Do I really hear birds SINGING? In the RAIN? Well, sure enough, it wasn't my imagination. There were birds singing. And not just a chirp or two but full on vocal choir swaying back and forth on the branches clapping their hands... (okay, I elaborated on the choir, branches and hand clapping part - I didn't actually look to see but I'm sure was happening). Now, on sunny mornings the birds sing like crazy. They don't stop and I'm glad because I love the songs they sing. But on a day of rain? That was unusual. It was strange but also very comforting.

So, I'm writing this after dropping off my car. More care issues. Thought it would just be the break pads but apparently there's also a leak from a hose in the radiator region, blah, blah, blah, blah.... great. It's going to cost 250. Wonderful. And then I remembered the birds. The birds that were singing in the rain. When normally they would be tucked away in their nests and hiding out, they were out in the middle of the storm singing. I guess they didn't care that they were going to get wet. They didn't care that the rules say you sing only when it's sunny out. They were just singing no matter what the circumstances. So, I'm trying to be like the birds and sing. I'm going to sing in the rain.

La, la, la, la, la.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home